Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Recurring patterns

I haven't been blogging that much. Sorry. But I have been really busy with some work and right now, I wanna take a break from it before continuing the madness until 1 am. Yes, I set a time for it because I can't go any further or beyond than that time. Today I did my film developing work. I wasn't satisfied with the negatives and I clearly didn't understand why they were all so dense. It must have been the sunlight which I exposed to. I am to be sure next time it won't happen again. But thank God for Peter, he guided me throughout the process and my weak negatives had pretty good outcomes. The noise level is incredibly high just so you know because I have to exposed to its maximum at 60 seconds (1 minute exposure) to decrease the brightness. Alright, for those who don't know what I am talking about, here's the thing. When your negative is dense, it means you're allowing too much light into your picture. 

Meaning it's overexposed. But when your negs, turns out bright or too bright which means your picture is underexposed. In other words, if you develop your negative to positive, whatever I have said above made sense. It took me longer than others to get it right but in the end, I was happy with what I got. 

The theme was called recurring patterns.







This was one of the many happy accidents :)

As for magazine research, I've been doing okay. I just need more time to reflect on my work. And update the journal of course. Alright, that's it for now. Talk to you guys soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment