Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Running down the wild

I had an awesome chat with an old friend of mine. We finally rekindled after literally a decade. Can you imagine? 10 years of not seeing her, or even talking to her and yesterday we finally reunited, chatting and reminiscing the past. It was such a great feeling. And when we started talking about our old school, it made me just..feel like crying at that point. We were like the best of friends in primary. We were the tallest, always together, always staying strong and at times we had our horrible fights but that's what makes us strong. But when she left, things really have changed.

Both of us now, are out of high school and moving on with our lives. Has it really been that long? A decade? I guess, after 10 long years, we finally reunited. I couldn't remember the time I last spoke to her. I'm glad that well, we kept in touch. Definitely going to catch up with you when I come back.

Ever since leaving Cempaka, I was quite afraid. For my whole life, I was born, raised and taught in the same school. Yeah, I know, same old school. And when I left it, I felt very scared. For all I know, I never knew how to cope with another environment considering I've been in Cempaka for so long. But I knew I had to explore my ways and get out of my shell. And I did.

I never was quite sure how I was able to get this far but I'm glad I did.

It seems pretty hard at the moment but I'll never give up.

Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment