Monday, December 26, 2011

Ever had those moments where at one point, a hard truth drops on you? It wasn't very easy accepting what I heard today. My dad after a very long time of pondering decided to tell my sister and I the truth about our family. A very dark truth. It was a blasphemy. Indeed I can't take it. But I never hated my dad for it. Or anyone else. He knew it was his fault therefore he tried his best to make both sides happy. It was something he couldn't runaway from and that he took it like a man and carried on with his duties. I very much admire him for that.

On the other hand my mother, gosh. I don't know how she could face that truth after all the years of being together. It was very hurtful. When it all came together, she was hurt badly. And it was daunting. Painful to the say the least. If it ever happened to me, I would have just left. But she stayed. Even if she knew what was happening. I don't know whether she did stay for us or for him but she stayed, throughout the years, supporting us, grueling through our hardest times and stayed till now.

I couldn't have asked for a better mother, a better father, a better family who stayed strong throughout thr years even with everything that was happening around them. I pray for my family to be strong, to withstand any kind of pain that we go through and most of all, a healthy family that would last for a long time.

Keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment