Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Hangover

It's fucking 5.49 am in the morning. I can't believe after all that shots I've taken, I'm still up this early. I can't remember the last time I got hammered so badly. Oh wait, maybe I do. Either way, it was sort of my getaway from all the worries and troubles that I've been facing. I wish I was back home. Don't get me wrong, I love London. I love the bustling sound of people, the merging of old and new together, the parks, gardens, fashion, their dedication towards art and design..just so much more.

But when you live here longer, you see an ugly side of it. And you realise, it's just another messed up country. It's just one of those days, you wake up and realise that everything's just not the same. You don't wake up to the sound of the vacuum that goes on every morning, the sound of the prayers that rings through the halls, the sound of my sisters getting ready for school and most importantly, the sound of my boyfriend.

It's been almost what, 3 months since I left and that feeling of nostalgia is coming back. I know, it's only another 3 months before I see him again. But yesterday morning hit me hard. It's just not the same. I thank God for skype even though I HATE my internet connection but I thank Skype for still keeping us in touch. The fact that we've been through so much together, touches me. I thought I won't be able to find anyone to love because of my past experiences but when he came into my life, everything changed. We had our fights, had our ups and downs but in the end, we always find our way to each other. People have their doubts but I never did. I have faith in us. And that's how this blog's name came about. Faith.

I'll always have faith in whatever I do no matter the consequences and hardships. I want to be strong for the both of us and not crumble at petty things. Not that I want to be the controlling one but at least be strong for him. We came a long way from where we started and I'll treasure every single moment of it.

I'm turning 20 soon this coming week. Not sure if I'm looking forward to that. But I'll embrace the twenties with an open heart.

I love you, dear.

Always have and always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment