Monday, June 11, 2012

Revamping my room.

Today was such an eventful day! Honestly, today and yesterday was so fulfilling. I am so glad that I was able to do some shopping for myself not as in clothes no! But other important things for my room. As you all know, my room is my sanctuary. The state of my room will and I say with an utmost emphasis, will affect my mood and my work. For the record, I am considerably very messy but there is a limitation to everything and of course it was today. Even if it's already a holiday for me, my room still looks exceptionally messy.

It so happens that Daisy was thinking about redecorating her room and she wanted to go to Ikea. I seized the opportunity to well purchase some items for my room. I've been wanting to redecorate my room for a very long time but time was never on my side until today. It will take a while to achieve my dream room but step by step :3

I just realised how much I love and miss Ikea :) It's been almost years since I last went to Ikea. If I do remember correctly, the last time I went to Ikea was with my mates back in Form 2? This is a funny story but back then, my mates wrote this amazing story about us meeting with TVXQ (oh yes I know, KPOP fandom) and we live in this big house with our own rooms, swimming pool, balcony, and etc. Oh our minds were filled with that level of creativity. To the point, we actually went to Ikea to visualised our rooms. It was such a wonderful memory and thinking about it, I miss it even more. 

That's the power of imagination. It might be silly for us to imagine all these wonderful things but it made our bond stronger and also you know, we got our creative side of our brain to work well! 

Moving back to my topic *ahem* you know what they say about our eyes are bigger than our stomach. So in this case, our eyes are definitely bigger than our wallets or money capacity whatever you call it. I must say it was hilarious. Daisy and I were just booking! We took whatever stuffs we like and in the end, when we reached the counter, we had dismount the unnecessary stuffs from our trolley much to everyone's dismay. Even my cute strawberry plushie! :( But I did purchased some wonderful things for my room. I came back around 4 I presume and started working my way around the room.

It's already 7.23 pm and my room is finally cleaned and sort of redecorated nicely. 

In total, I bought new bed covers, a lamp (which I have an extremely funny story about it), magazine holders and a new pillow :D

Here are some of the products you see:




My new lamp and magazine holders! :D Yes my room is VERY CLEAN.

So the funny story about the lamp. Me being the smart ass, I thought the lamp came with the light bulb but well my logic ends there. I opened the box only to find the lamp but no light bulb. So I took a good look at the packaging and cringed.



Such simple icons and I overlooked it. 

Oh well, I shall indulge in some nice music and rest. 

ta! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment