Monday, June 25, 2012

Writing.

I'm sure many people don't know this but when I was younger, my second passion was writing. I know some of you are going burst out guffawing but it's true. I truly had a passion for writing then. I would write the most heartbreaking stories that would only well, leave me in tears. But that passion was long gone ever since I was shot down by an author on a fan fiction website.

I know, another dark secret that you didn't know. Yes, there were ideas I came up with and inspired from that perhaps the similarities were quite coincidental with another story that I had never read before. That author shot me down like wolf and it definitely left quite a scar behind. I was flabbergasted by the email and the way she commented on my work. She admonished me, telling me to credit her work before continuing the story. That was the first admonishment I ever had in my life. It wasn't something new to me but it left an impact. I was young. I was only 17 when that happened. I didn't really bother telling anybody about this cause I shoved it aside.

But recently, I've picked up this book and started reading again.


I watched the film a number of times but I wanted to read the book so badly. 

I'm halfway through it but I am in love with the language and in love with the story. He is such an amazing author. It rekindled my love for writing again. But well it will take time before I gain back the confidence to write again. 

It's been years now since I've last written a proper story. I wanted to become a writer initially but well, if I did, I wouldn't have met any of my wonderful friends right now eh? 

Of course, if I did become one, I wouldn't have met my current boyfriend :) I do feel happy that I have chosen design as a career to follow through. I am passionate about it and definitely learned a great deal of experiences throughout the year. I am grateful that it has given me the opportunity to enhance my skills. For now, writing will probably have to wait. Maybe when I get older, I'll write a book. 

One day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment