Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars

The moment I finished reading the book, I sat on my bed in awe and tears started to form. Sooner or later, I was crying a river. I didn't think such a simple yet heartwarming book could make me cry. It reminded me of Mitch Albom all over again. But John Green is definitely on my favourite author list. There is no doubt about that. Fancy vocabulary cannot describe how beautiful the book is written. It was a simple book. No complications about that. There was no awkward linear chronology plot. It was just a book.

I didn't ever think it was going to had a lot of impact in me. This unprecedented feeling.

I think I might take time to recollect and compose myself after this. I didn't cry a lot but after reading, it left me feeling bitter and so shit about life. How could you be so cruel at times? Turning to that last page, it just left me speechless. Like that's it? That's how it's going to be?


My words would do no justice to this book but as far as words can describe this book: astounding, aspiring and humour. It is like what Jodi Picoult (another favourite author of mine) had said: It's just filled with staccato bursts of humour and tragedy. I would not dare to rate this book as well, I don't find ratings doing any justice to any sort of book but if I must say, it is definitely a recommended read.

I am planning to get his other novels and read them as well. Will be searching for his other novels tomorrow if I'm in luck.

For now, I think I shall end this post with a sweet goodbye. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment