Sunday, February 5, 2012

As promised

Here are my final products for my first ID project :D Overall, I was quite amazed by the outcome of this project. As much as I was struggling previously, I'm glad everything came well together. Yesterday's critique was nonetheless good. I had a great time looking at people's work and the best of all? We had to vote for which one we liked the most! It was definitely a tough choice. There were really so many good ones but in the end, decisions had been made and the final decision stands. I had one vote out of the many people in my class and honestly I didn't mind. I was actually quite happy because, somewhere out there, someone picked mine out of the rest of the people.

Maybe to alot of people, one isn't enough. But bear in mind, we could only vote one. So everything had to be taken into consideration. Everyone had to go through the designs one by one and I'm not kidding when I say everyone's work was really good. They were all fantastic and one wasn't enough to do justice for all! It was a tough choice for everybody.

So when it came to my design, Samara who voted for me, explained why she liked my design and I was honestly very happy. Because whatever she said was true. The design itself was very personal. The choice of colours, the choice of patterns and the design itself evokes alot of my personal ethic as well as my design ethic. I was equally happy to know that everyone else loves it as well. Adelina praised my work, Inka and Briony as well. It was quite amazing really. Cause I honestly was never confident in my design work, which is why I always hid it from the public's eye. Samara's comment made me happy and Willie's comment made me happier cause she really loves my work despite needing to change a few things and such. She was surprised as to why not many people liked my work haha! But it didn't matter cause I have achieved what I wanted though I know it could always be better, and the best part? I was able to get through the message of spreading my Malaysian love through Bubble and Squeak. I was happy to know that it wasn't only exotic among the other Bubble and Squeaks but it was bringing out the essence of where I come from. I am happy :)

Of course, throughout the whole critique, I learned so much about Corporate Identity. It's not just the stationaries and such that counts. It's about consistency. It's about giving your company, your brand a personality, a life and most of all, you. You need to give your brand your own set of personality in other to evolve it. It's not always about creating logos, or logotypes. They're just really minor matters to what you really need to know about Identity. Surely enough, I've done it for 8 weeks compared to those who have like the whole semester to do it but during those 8 weeks, I've learned and gained so much about it!

So these are the final products. Could be better but I am pleased :)


My packaging carrier bag :) I screen printed the acetate!


The envelope :)


And when it unfold, it becomes a letterhead!


See what I mean by consistency? Compliment slips and business cards :)


Another nice envelope :)


That folds out into a menu :D


Napkins/Serviettes :D screen printed on tissue paper :D


Bubble and Squeak :D (by the way, I did NOT come up with the name T_T)


My packaging spice box :D


The inside :)


A clearer view of my bag :)

I'm sure a lot more people can do better than me in this but I'm just really happy mine turned out great :) I am excited for my next project! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment