Friday, November 16, 2012

Foodgasm: Gnocchi


For tomorrow's lunch, I made Gnocchi with butter, pesto and mushrooms (yes my love for mushrooms). So yes tomorrow's lunch! I made this simple recipe from the cookbook my awesome friend Jules, got it for me! I love it so much! But of course I added my own stuff and twist to it :D Basically gnocchi is just mashed up potatoes formed into cute eggs with three lines on it. That's gnocchi for you. It's not that hard to cook this dish. It's actually super simple. If you're lazy (like me) get some instant gnocchi from your nearest Tesco or any large supermarkets. 

Even making a gnocchi on your own is not that hard but it takes time. Anyways, here's the ingredients to this recipe.

You need:

1) Gnocchi
2) Butter 
3) Mushrooms
4) Pesto (again, you can get it from any supermarket)

Steps:

1) Boil the gnocchi in salted boiling water for about 1-2 minutes. I know some will say to wait for the gnocchi to rise then take them out but if you leave the gnocchi to boil for too long, it will get very very soggy and mashy. So use your instincts to judge but give it 1-2 minutes. When they're done, drain them and put them in the mixing bowl.

2) Cooked the mushrooms for about 5 minutes. Season them with some thyme, salt and pepper. Once that's done, pour in the mushroom mixture into the mixing bowl with the gnocchi in it.

3) Scoop up 2 and half tablespoons of pesto and mix it well together with the gnocchi mushroom mixture. Season them once more with thyme, salt and pepper.

4) Place them in a nice serving dish. Optional: sprinkle them with some nice grated parmesan cheese and you're done!

It's so simple isn't it? It's the simplest dish I've cooked in ages aside from frying eggs. So yes! I made quite a bit down there because I don't wanna waste the packet. Besides, I'm gonna be needing a lot of energy tomorrow :D





Om nom nom xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment