Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Zucca

Yesterday I went to this amazing Italian restaurant called Zucca. It's not a very big restaurant which is why the house is always full. But I definitely know why now. The food is HEAVENLY. Like I love food and sometimes I just don't get to eat good food everyday. So this experience was fantastic. When we got in the restaurant, the whole place looked really posh and dainty. It was simple yet the environment was quite lovely. We were seated and Simone (my housemate's Italian boyfriend) was patient and kind enough to translate everything on the menu because some of the words were in Italian and of course, we can't speak or understand it. Anyhoos, after we ordered our food, our first set of starters came!



Can't remember this drink.


The bread section was excellent. Nicely done.


This was the omelette with potatoes. It was scrumptious. The texture was just nice and the potato added so much flavour to the dish.


(Impatient photographer)

Anyways, I ordered this burratta dish and it was SOO DELICIOUS. The flavours were bursting in my mouth and the cheese, oh damn, it was so soft. 



For mains, I had the vegetarian rigatoni with cauliflower. Such a simple dish can be SO DELICIOUS. 


And of course, we need to end it with an Italian dessert, panna cotta with poach pears.. Highlight of the day! :D 

I definitely recommend this restaurant however the menu is always changing everyday so bear that in mind. But if you ever get this set, GET IT. It's a killer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment