Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Funny incident

Hello guys! So today I had a group meeting with my mates. It was quite productive and we progressed quite a bit. We definitely had our schedules ready and down for the filming. It's been a stressful week so far but I have a feeling we can do this. I'm quite glad to pair up with some amazing and dedicated people. Oh! I also cooked lunch for them as well! It's been a while since I cooked anything big for people so it was a challenge!


I cooked some pork belly with sauce as well as some chow mein noodles (well I just call it noodles) It's actually really easy to make it! I do know I'm vegetarian but I try to make some meat dish for my friends on occasions.  Here's what I added for the pork belly dish.

For the pork belly dish, I marinated the pork with some maggi seasoning, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, thyme, oil, salt and pepper. Marinated them and let it cool in the fridge so that it could absorb the sauce. Afterwards, I chopped up some red peppers and garlic. I fried the garlic in first for like 3 minutes to get the flavour and aroma before adding the pork in. Once I added the pork in, I let it fry for about 5-10 minutes (really I think it's all about trusting your instincts haha) and then I add in the pepper and season it some more with some salt and pepper as well sauces. I put in some thyme to get that nice flavour and fry for about 10 minutes....and wala! My friends keep telling me it tasted almost like a Hong Kong dish so I am proud to say..I CAN COOK CHINESE FOOD. 

For the chow mein noodles, I fry in some garlic (I used four cloves of it) for about 3 minutes or so before adding the onions in. After mixing the two together, I put in mushrooms and fry it for about 5 minutes. I also added some water to the mixture so that the noodles won't be very dry if you know what I mean. But please do note to not add too much water because the mushrooms itself will be excreting water so it'll get too soggy. After that ordeal, I add in the red peppers to get that nice colour and flavour. I have learned how much red peppers can have such amazing flavours ever since I cooked paella so don't miss out on that! After stirring for about 2-3 minutes, I added the noodles in and stir around for like 3-5 minutes. I added some dark soy sauce, light sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and some maggi seasoning as well as thyme, and white pepper not forgetting salt. Mix them all up and you get your noodles! Honestly, it's not chow mein...I think it's just my own variation of food. But ahem! Yeah, simple easy meals to cook! I'm glad the team enjoyed it. 

Moving on to our session, I was glad we got some work done. Made some crucial decisions as well as understanding what we need to produce and do.

Even with such seriousness, something hilarious happened.

After 3 hours of brainstorming and sorting out ideas, one of my group members decided to go outside my balcony for a smoke. Let me give you a little insight of my balcony. My balcony door has been broken for quite some time and it's not exactly a sturdy door so most of the time, we usually just leave the door open regardless smoke or not. Of course, my group mate didn't want the smoke to get in the flat so he insisted to close the balcony door. So me being the smartass, closed it halfway and left it there. You see, if you close it halfway, you obstruct the mechanism inside, causing it to well, stuck. And you guessed it, the door was stuck and he was outside, shivering.

It took 4 of us to pry the door up and it still didn't budge. We were at out wits end and the only resort was well, to go down to the reception area and call for assistance. While that took quite some time, I went up to check on my friend (he's still outside in the cold and shivering) and we decided to well continue with our meeting. So for the past 20 minutes, this was how we discussed our work.


I know, aren't we so dedicated?! Even at such situations, we still go through this nonsense! Yes as you can see, the door was clearly stuck. So after what it seems like an eternity, the maintenance people came to check on the balcony door. With one hand, that man pry open the entire door and fixed it back at place. We were like THE FUCK? How the hell did he do that?! 

Haha, good times :P But seriously, that was the highlight of the day haha! 

Alright, I guess that's all for now. Time to work on the ideas and questions! tata xx

No comments:

Post a Comment