Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Indesign

Indesign today was really fun! We were guided through the whole thing about Indesign which honestly I already knew most of the basics. And then, you know in LCC, you're always given a surprised project no matter what and BAM! We had a whole day to do this project. It was actually recreating a Vince Frost's design and make an invitation based on an inspiration of his designs. My design technically came for this gorgeous piece of his where it has diagonal lines. I did a few sketches here and there and I managed to picked the one I like the most. I started working on it and surprisingly, I had so much fun. Not too much but evidently it was just thrilling.

I mean when I did typography with Ban Lee, it was very stressful. But Chris was very cool with it. He gave good criticism at the same time he comments and gives you some boost. I really did enjoy using Indesign today :D But one thing about Ban Lee, is that he makes you think thoroughly about what are you doing. In a way, Chris has that kind of personality as well. Ban Lee can be very mean and harsh but he has his reasons. Throughout the time with him I finally realised the meaning of typography. I'm not saying Ziehan is not a good lecturer. She was strict with the rest but I didn't find the meaning of typography then. It was until Ban Lee came and taught me about it. Only to realise that it's a beautiful subject that all graphic designers must adhere to. Chris on the other hand is very similar to Ban Lee, impatient, straight forward and not one to mess with but he gives off a more relaxed aura compared to Ban Lee. But of course eventually Chris would reveal his true colours and ugly sides start showing up. Anyways, Vince Frost is indeed a brilliant designer. You should check out his work :)

I met up with my sister and went grocery shopping cause we wanted to cook today. So we went home and cook. I cooked mushrooms with cheese and onions. It tasted good of course! :D I'm full to the brim. Haih, I've got to exercise! Yesterday had like 3 potato chips packets :( all in one go. And salad. GAH.

Anyhoos, not much of pictures today really. I have research to do and some small objects to think about. Heh, a lot things to be done.


Just a nice and sweet thought about life. How great :) The cow is from my boyfriend :)


Just to remind myself every day is beautiful. Never forget :D


Daisies for my friend Daisy HAHA. :D

Goodnight people.

No comments:

Post a Comment