Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Induction Day Two!

Day two was sort of productive! So I went to college around 2.00 just in time for the library induction. I went for the 2 pm session and I was kindda glad because I met more new friends! I love making new friends and especially with different cultural backgrounds. First person I met was Joanne and she was lovely and absolutely stunning :) She's so kind and friendly and I'm glad we hung out together today! :)

I got to know Maya (the Malaysian friend) a lil bit more as well as Daisy who is a local here. The one thing I must say about LCC's college? AMAZING. I swear it's the biggest library I've ever seen and all about design. No joke. It's way better than the puny library at TOA. It's amazing! And they even have moving shelves like well not a big deal but still MOVING SHELVES. Drats, I'm making it a big deal. I'm actually starting to pick up the accent already. It's kindda funny but really, that's how you communicate with them. Along the way I met another Indian friend (very hard name to pronounced, I shall not tarnish such beautiful name with my horrible pronunciation) and Fabio from Brazil! He's really cool and surprisingly much older than I am! Anyhoos! The tour was only 20 minutes so we had so much more time to kill. We were at the cafeteria drinking and talking. Soon, Saloni was craving for food so we all went out to eat. We got to this place, it was a shopping centre nearby the college.

It was sort of rundown but still they had some nice restaurants. We ate at this Tandoori place and the food was pretty okay. I miss the cheese nan in Malaysia especially Murni :( I'm so glad I had a taste of it before I left. Anyways I had Brocolli Paneer (cheese brocolli) with pillaw rice. While Maya had mushrooms, Daisy ordered nan bread with some really bad uncooked chicken which eventually was recooked by the chef and Joanne ordered tandoori chicken. Saloni knows her food well and she ordered some good dishes. Eventually it was 5 and we went back to college for the gallery event where we were supposed to be welcomed by the Principal of LCC but as predicted, she didn't show up so well we still had the drinks ANYWAYS! I met more new friends :) I can't really explain that exhilarating feeling when you actually get to know the different cultural background because if you were there to actually hear it from there, it's really amazing :)

The works there are quite thought-provoking and also pretty impressive. I didn't take pictures of it but I thought it was amazing.

I can't really say much. I gotta go and bathe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment